Special Weekend for the 50th Anniversary of the Chagall Museum
A program designed by the Marc Chagall national Museum and the Association of Friends of the Chagall Museum.
On July 7, 1973, the national museum dedicated to the work of Marc Chagall opened in Nice. Chagall himself was born on July 7, 1887, in Vitebsk, Belarus. The Association of Friends of the Museum was established alongside the museum. It has always celebrated these two anniversaries, and this year, in 2023, even more so, as we are celebrating the 50th anniversary!
On the agenda for this exceptional year:
- Mornings of flowers, from Friday to Sunday (between 10am and 12pm), featuring the activation of the participatory artwork by Bella Meyer, floral designer and granddaughter of Marc Chagall, in the museum gardens. To find out more
- Afternoons of circus, on Saturday and Sunday (from 2:30pm to 5:30pm), in partnership with Piste d'Azur: children and adults are invited to participate in multi-activity workshops and trampoline sessions in a festive and family-friendly atmosphere in the heart of the museum's garden. To find out more
- Book sale by the Association of Friends of the Marc Chagall Museum, from Friday to Sunday (from 2pm to 6pm), in the museum garden.
- Presentation of the new website Marcchagall.com, paying tribute to the work of Marc Chagall, on Sunday morning (from 10:30am to 12pm) by the team of the Association of Friends of Marc Chagall, in the museum's auditorium.
To find out more
- The Spiritual Nourishments, on Sunday (from 12pm to 12:30pm), featuring the reading of poems by the artist, performed by young actors from the National Theatre of Nice in the room of the Biblical Message.
- Multiple mediation workshops throughout the weekend in the museum and its garden: treasure hunts, sensory tours focusing on smell and color, cyanotype workshops on plants and flowers. To find out more
Piano Concert by Frank Braley / FULL CONCERT
Friday 7 July, from 8pm
The originality of Frank Braley's concerts lies in the fact that he likes to share the music with the audience and help them understand the work he is playing on the piano. He will be performing a selection of works by composers from the 19th and 20th centuries. To find out more
Concert in the museum auditorium
Free admission subject to availability. Booking strongly recommended.
Concert of Magasin du Café / FULL CONCERT
Saturday 8 July, 8pm
A musical UFO, a tornado in which spectators are sucked in, fascinated by the group's energy! Their voices and rhythms are a tribute to Astor Piazzola, the Argentine bandoneonist considered to be one of the greatest composers of twentieth-century tango music, and to the Tango Nuevo style. For more information
Concert in the museum auditorium
Duration : 1h30
Admission free, subject to availability. Booking strongly recommended.
"La Traversée" by Florence Miailhe (2020)
Sunday 9th July
The screening of this animated film is organized thanks to the partnership with the association Il était un truc... Audiences are invited to bring their own plaids and cushions to enjoy the screening on the lawn. To find out more
Screening at dusk from 9.30pm, in the museum garden
Duration : 84 minutes
Admission free, subject to availability.
Booking strongly recommended (see blue button opposite "Book your place at the show").
Please consult the programme in PDF format:
Carousel visuals : depiction of Marc Chagall in the form of a green-headed goat, detail of a work by artist Keong-A Song, from her series of drawings "Main à main" (Hand to hand, indian ink and watercolor, 2023); vitrophanie of a drawing by Serge Bloch "Tu es un jardin"( You are a garden), inspired by the Old Testament; portrait of ilia Osokin, in front of Marc Chagall's stained glass window, "The Creation of the World" (detail, 1971-1972) in the auditorium of the Marc Chagall national Museum, Nice © Photo national museums of the 20th century in the Alpes-Martimes/ Patrick Massabo © Adagp, Paris, 2023.
Exhibition open every day except Tuesdays, from May 1st to October 31st, from 10am to 6pm.
Special late-night openings during the festive weekend, from July 7th to 9th.